- by Ash ParrishImage: Second Dinner Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode update is now live, and my biggest problem right now is that no one wants to play. Is it because my handful of Marvel Snap friends and colleagues are afraid of the awesome power of my decks? Perhaps. Is it because it’s 2:30PM ET on a workday? Also […]
- by Jay PetersThe game is being pushed back six weeks. | Image: EA Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s release date is being delayed by six weeks to April 28th, EA announced on Tuesday. The game had been set to release on March 17th, but it’s being pushed back just a little bit. “In order for the team to […]
- by Andrew J. HawkinsPhoto by AAron Ontiveroz / MediaNews Group / The Denver Post via Getty Images Unsurprisingly, most Americans frown upon antisocial behavior. Stealing people’s stuff, bending food safety rules, or smoking in large crowds tend to generate a lot of stern reactions. But get behind the wheel of a car, and all that disapproval tends to […]
- by Sean HollisterAn Anker Eufy Floodlight camera. | Image: Eufy First, Anker told us it was impossible. Then, it covered its tracks. It repeatedly deflected while utterly ignoring our emails. So shortly before Christmas, we gave the company an ultimatum: if Anker wouldn’t answer why its supposedly always-encrypted Eufy cameras were producing unencrypted streams — among other […]
- by Mia SatoIllustration by Alex Castro / The Verge Twitter is shutting down CoTweets, its collaborative posting feature that was one of the last big product updates introduced before Elon Musk’s takeover. A notice was posted on Twitter’s help center announcing the end of the feature. CoTweets allowed two accounts to co-author posts that appeared simultaneously on […]
- by Mitchell ClarkImage: OpenAI OpenAI, the company behind DALL-E and ChatGPT, has released a free tool that it says is meant to “distinguish between text written by a human and text written by AIs.” It warns the classifier is “not fully reliable” in a press release and “should not be used as a primary decision-making tool.” According […]
- by Umar ShakirThe 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6. | Image: Hyundai Hyundai’s new Ioniq 6 has had its playdate with the EPA, and now the automaker is revealing that its electric “streamliner” sedan can travel an estimated 361 miles on a full charge. While the calculation is specific to the SE Long Range RWD trim, the AWD version […]
- by Jay PetersPromotional art for Street Fighter: Duel. | Image: Crunchyroll Capcom and Crunchyroll are launching a new Street Fighter mobile game very soon, though it doesn’t sound like your typical Street Fighter title. Titled Street Fighter: Duel, Crunchyroll describes it as “the first ever RPG in the series,” and based on a summary on Crunchyroll’s website, […]
- by Ramin SkibbaEnigma Labs launches a project to crowdsource and quantify data about “unidentified aerial phenomena.”
- by Simon HillForget about patchy internet connections and dead spots with one of these WIRED-tested mesh systems.
- by Thao ThaiYes, they're problematic. They can also reflect an alternate reality that feels eerily close to the truth.
- by Parker HallSure, every influencer owns these buds. They’re still pretty good.
- by Matt ReynoldsAudacious plans to resurrect the long-extinct bird could be lucrative. But the moonshot raises thorny philosophical questions.
- by Katrina MillerBiological amino acids could have celestial or terrestrial roots. An experiment simulated their formation in deep space—but the mystery isn’t solved yet.
- by Kate O'FlahertyJanuary saw a slew of security patches for iOS, Chrome, Windows, and more.
- by Tomas WeberA tiny Scottish village is betting its future on rocket launches. But the plan may threaten the fragile landscape—and a tenacious billionaire’s ambitions.
- by Sofia BarnettStudents and professors can’t decide whether the AI chatbot is a research tool—or a cheating engine.
- by Simon HillYou can now use select Alexa speakers to expand the Wi-Fi coverage of your routers. Let us walk you through how.