- by Jess WeatherbedYour Prime Video experience is about to be downgraded unless you cough up an extra $3 each month. | Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge Amazon has announced plans to start placing “limited advertisements” in TV shows and movies running on the company’s Prime Video streaming platform, to allow the e-commerce giant to “continue […]
- by Jess WeatherbedMicrosoft takes its next step towards a passwordless future. | Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge Microsoft’s incoming Windows 11 update will introduce public support for passkeys — a passwordless login technology that instead uses your face, fingerprint, or device PIN to sign into accounts. Announced at Microsoft’s AI and Surface launch event on […]
- by Thomas RickerIllustration by William Joel / The Verge The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has given preliminary approval for Microsoft to proceed with its $69 billion Activision Blizzard deal. The CMA had originally blocked the acquisition over cloud gaming concerns, but Microsoft recently restructured the deal to transfer cloud gaming rights for current and new […]
- by Andrew WebsterImage: 20th Century Studios No One Will Save You wastes no time getting started. After a brief setup, it gets right to the action: a home invasion that’s actually an alien invasion. What follows is an incredibly tense, surprisingly quiet mix of sci-fi and horror, just the thing for a fall evening at home. The […]
- by Sean HollisterThe Steam Deck. | Photo by Vjeran Pavic / The Verge Valve has been clear it wants to build a Steam Deck 2 — and equally clear that a faster handheld wouldn’t arrive soon. Now, Valve’s Pierre-Loup Griffais tells The Verge and CNBC that it could be late 2025 or beyond before it raises that […]
- by Jay PetersIllustration: The Verge X is planning to shut down Circles, a feature that lets you share posts with a limited group of people instead of all of your followers. The company said in a “PSA” on Thursday that Circles will be disabled by October 31st. “After this date, you will not be able to create […]
- by Monica ChinPhoto by Tomohiro Ohsumi/Getty Images Intel has wrapped up its annual Innovation event in San Jose, where the chipmaker gave us a glimpse of what’s coming down the pipeline over the next few years. In case you don’t have a spare hour and a half to sit down and watch CEO Pat Gelsinger’s keynote, here […]
- by Jay PetersYou can limit the battery charge to 80 percent on the iPhone 15 and 15 Pro. This is apparently in response to complaints about the iPhone 14 Pro’s battery capacity issues. | Photo by Allison Johnson / The Verge Apple has detailed how the iPhone 15’s new 80 percent charging limit setting works in an […]
- by Emma RothIllustration by Nick Barclay / The Verge Spotify’s long-awaited HiFi tier could finally be getting closer to launch. Code within the Spotify app reveals new details about the “Supremium” tier, which could feature 24-bit lossless audio, the ability to create playlists with AI, and more, as spotted by u/Hypixely on Reddit. Spotify first announced the […]
- by Barbara KrasnoffIllustration by Samar Haddad / The Verge iOS 17 offers a lot of interesting new features for your iPhone, one of which is called, appropriately, NameDrop. What NameDrop does is let you exchange contact information with another iPhone (and gives you a chance to use your snazzy new Contact Poster) by just holding the top […]
- by Joel KhaliliThe fintech unicorn Revolut needs a UK banking license to sustain its growth, but it keeps tripping up.
- by Maryn McKennaChristopher Columbus was blamed for bringing syphilis to Europe. New DNA evidence suggests it was already there. Maybe both stories are true.
- by Caitlin HarringtonTruck drivers, auto workers, and others are fighting for the greener, smarter era of transportation to also include better pay and more protections for humans.
- by Simon Hill, Brian BarrettWelcome to your new Apple smartphone. Here’s how to get the most out of it right out of the box.
- by Kate KnibbsIf you Google someone who recently died, you might see a flood of near-identical videos of men reading obits. Here’s why.
- by Brenda Stolyar, Gear TeamFrom MacBooks to MagSafe accessories, we’ve gathered the top discounts on our favorite Apple products.
- by Martin CizmarAmazon has a Prime Big Deals Days shopping holiday coming next month. We’ve got details on what you can expect if you’re hunting for deals ahead of the holidays.
- by Matt JancerLevel up your WFH time with these discounts on laptop computers, keyboards and more.
- by Paresh DaveBrazilian engineer Luiz André Barroso, who ripped up the rulebook at Google, has died. His radical ideas for data centers laid the foundations for cloud computing.
- by Angela Watercutter, Amanda HooverBuying (and burying) Myspace, beefing up Fox News, lighting media dumpster fires—the longtime News Corp head shaped cultural conversations. With his exit, that era can end.